"Historic" or "historical"
Historic and historical are both adjectives. Both are related to history, but they are used rather differently in different contexts.
(a) historic (adj.): important or memorable in history
- President Obama’s inauguration was a historic event as he is the first Afro-American to be the president.
- The 12th Malaysian General Election is historic. For the first time in 51 years, the National Front lost in many constituencies.
- Our athletes’ achievement in the Summer Games is historic; it will be remembered for a long time.
(b) historical (adj.): connected with the study of things from the past, or relating to history
- Many historical documents were destroyed in the recent fire.
- Historical sites in the city must be preserved as our national heritage.
- Malacca is one of the historical cities in Malaysia.