"Use" or "Usage"
The word use has many definitions, and can either be a verb or a noun.
(a) use (v.): putting something to a purpose
- We use English to when we do business with international investors.
- Use the computer to type out all your assignments.
- My mom doesn’t know how to use the dishwasher.
(b) usage (n.): the way something is used
- With proper usage and maintenance, your car could last a lifetime.
- Good language usage is the result of regular exposure to the language.
- Sports equipment is designed to withstand hard usage.